Why Developers Choose HIDORA?
Today, we would like to share the reasons why developers adopt HIDORA as their cloud-hosting platform. After interviewing our customers we highlighted three main points that convinced them that HIDORA is fitting their needs: fast deployment, easy scaling, and automation in management. Let’s go deeper into details.
HIDORA platform supports a wide range of programming languages (Java, PHP, Ruby, Node.js, .NET, Python), application servers, SQL and NoSQL databases and other software stacks, along with Docker containers.
Developers can implement and run different applications without changing codes.
The implementation can be performed fast and easily utilizing GIT/SVN with automatic updates, archives (zip, war, ear) right from the dev panel or via integrated plugins like Maven, Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ IDEA.
HIDORA platform provides automatic vertical and horizontal scaling of applications
Automatic vertical scaling is a unique feature of HIDORA Jelastic Platform. Since the developers define the maximum limit of resources for every instance, the system automatically allocates the needed amount.
To benefit from the discount, some fixed number of resources that are consumed by the application on a permanent base can be reserved. The resources of RAM and CPU are split with granular units (cloudlet – 128MiB and 400MHz), so there is no need to reserve more than what is really required.
By setting up the specific triggers you can increase or withdraw the instances in the environment during load spikes or when the application is not overloaded. The traffic is uniformly spread with load balancer across multiple servers.
HIDORA provides a self-service portal with user-friendly UI. Developers’ dashboard encompasses intuitive application topology wizard, deployment manager, access to log and config files, marketplace including prepackaged applications and functionality for team collaboration.
Integrated IDE plugins provide more options dedicated to application management: IntelliJ, IDEA, Eclipse, NetBeans.
HIDORA automates IT work, enabling developers to concentrate on their core competency. Developers benefit from a cloud platform that runs and scales any application with no code changes required offering / delivering the following features:
- Easy creation of dev, test, production environments
- Rapid setup of clustered and highly available applications
- Support of microservices and legacy applications
- Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling
- Zero downtime deployment thanks to automated traffic distribution
- Out-of-the-box TCP and HTTP(S) load balancing
- Free and custom SSL certificates
- Capacity to hibernate, stop, restart, clone applications
- Integrated CI and CD tools for automation
- Built-in monitoring of RAM, CPU, network, storage, IO with alert notifications
- Log viewer and config manager within native dashboard
- Sharing environment and account collaboration with different access levels
- Application management via UI, SSH, API and CLI
- Deployment via GIT, SVN, FTP and SFTP
- Capacity to use different hardware or clouds within single portal
- Integrated IDE Plugins: IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse, NetBeans
- Virtual Private Servers (VPS) powered by CentOS, Ubuntu and Windows
- Marketplace with a rich set of preconfigured applications for one click installation
- Wide choice of ready to go certified application container stacks
- Docker containers support with integrated public and private hub registry
- No vendor lock-in with import/export feature and zero code changes
Contrary to the majority of other cloud-hosting providers, HIDORA offers a truly user-oriented Pay-per-Use charging approach. With automatic scaling you can allocate exactly the needed amount of resources and do not need to reserve extra capacity.
Resources are charged on hourly base:
- RAM and CPU (cloudlet resource unit)
- Disk space
- External traffic
- Public IP
Any questions? Ask our support